Coffee is one of the most famous drinks in the world. Discovered in the 11th Century in Ethiopia, the drink has quickly gained popularity over the years. While it was considered to be magical in the Middle Ages, modern science has uncovered its mysteries and secrets.
As it turns out, coffee is useful for more than jumpstarting the human body in the morning. If drunk moderately, the substance has quite a few health benefits.
- Preventing gout: Whether or not individuals in the Middle Ages were aware of this quality is unknown, but various modern studies have shown that drinking a cup of coffee per day can prevent gout from developing.
- Increases ability to exercise: Although everyone knows that drinking coffee will increase your energy levels, personal trainers have always discouraged its use before workouts due to the fact that it can dehydrate the body. However, recent studies have shown that if used moderately, it can increase the body’s energy without dehydrating it.
- Coffee can decrease the risk of heart disease: As long as you don’t suffer from hypertension, studies have shown that drinking a cup of coffee per day can cut the risk of heart disease by almost a quarter.
- Increasing memory: Caffeine, the main ingredient in coffee has a unique way of interacting with the human brain. A cup can cause synapses to fire more rapidly and increase memory for a short period of time.
- Slow the aging process: While it cannot stop it entirely, a cup of coffee contains enough antioxidants to slow the aging process by neutralizing free radicals and combating inflammation.
Great health benefits do not mean lack of moderation
While the substance is good, in general, the type of coffee that an individual chooses is up to him. There are a lot of types of beans and blends and each of them have particular tastes. Your best bet would be to look for a website like http://www.mydemitasse.com/ that has advice regarding coffee choice.
Remember that all of these benefits come only as long as the substance is consumed moderately. If you drink to many cups in a short period of time, you may find that it can damage your heart and kidneys.
Also, a single cup is usually enough to raise the energy level of an individual and to boost his metabolism for the entire day. Drinking coffee at night or every 12 hours will not only affect your ability to sleep properly, but also put your mind and heart into overdrive and cause them to slowly degrade.
From a medical point of view, even in the case of those who suffer from hypertension, a little coffee is permitted. However, it must be consumed without any sugar and it should be limited in both quantity, as well as how often you drink it.